Saturday, February 7, 2009

On... to the body...

Quick update:

Peggy came by first thing and brought homemade soup and tulips!!! Oh, how sweet is that? I had postponed getting up and ready literally until I heard her voice downstairs, so she had entered into a messy and cold dining room... interesting again how I play that game in my head, because I had not thought about it until she was here, but afterwards I felt that little nagging guilty feeling for not having had some tea ready and the fire lit to be able to sit down with her... or at least offered some kind of hospitality... hmmm... just noticing these things with more awareness now.

Today my first massage was booked with a wonderful massage therapist in Chatham, Brin, who has also done some journeywork with me. A massage is always such a luxurious experience, but this one was also really interesting, because she focused a lot on my abdominal area, and I could feel , I mean, physically feel the resistance that still sits in the tissue in there. It still carries this feeling of being invaded or being asked of too much, I had to really breathe and very consciously release. Not a whole lot of emotion that surfaced, feels a little bit like a lot has been released, and now the body has to catch up... not sure, but that was my sense.

We both also noticed a lot of movement in there. Brin described it as if at times there was a fist coming up inside my belly. We worked with some chi-gong too, flowing chi energy up through one leg and back down the other, wind energy came up and did its work... interesting because she told me that wind in Chinese medicine relates to the liver and to anger... no wonder! as the (enneagram) 9 type that I am... we tend to do everything we can not to trigger, or feel anger... ah yes...

The belly REALLY felt different afterwards, something got moved around in there, or opened up. That was really good!!

I feel very good!!

More tomorrow!

Jimmy is taking me out...

Love you, as always...
Tomma

No comments:

Post a Comment