Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Friday, Jan 30th in Manhatten

Friday night, 10:15 PM,
Constantin's apartment, Manhatten.

I can't send anything today as we don't have internet reception here in the city... nevertheless a few words to memorize the day. I may be able to send it off to you all tomorrow morning back at the hotel.

Interestingly Sophia got really sick last night, after she and Anina came back from Karen's Yoga class. There was my oldest daughter sitting on the floor, moaning mostly and cussing in between. Violently nauseous. Later she started throwing up... and continued to do so throughout the night. Lucky for me it didn't wake me up.

Annabel had cooked this beautiful dinner for us, what a treat! And Denise was there too, more help and special treatment. Very unfamiliar to be taking such gifts of labor and love in, just letting them in... the impulse is to want to do "my part" too, or to justify silently on the inside why I am not doing... and talk myself into the permission to simply receive.

One of my journey friends walked up to me after the trainers satsang and offered again her help, as she had already done by e-mail. I told her I was getting better at asking and receiving help and support, which prompted her to tell me the story of Elisabeth Kuebler-Ross' Mother , who had always been a very active woman all her life and ... then she had a stroke and had to live the last part of her life with constant help and assistance. Someone said, it was a blessing she was able to have this experience, it might have saved her a whole lifetime as an invalid, because now it made it possible for her soul to learn how to receive.

Off to bed... reallllly tired...
Love
Tomma

No comments:

Post a Comment