Saturday, March 14, 2009

A Visit from Dr Timmins

Good morning my extraordinary friends, my wonderful family, and my darling Jimmy,


Here are my brags of the second morning:

Yesterday I got up three times and walked in crawl speed longer and longer and longer distances. The last one covered almost he entire length of the hallway!

The hardest part is getting my belly without any sharp pain from a horizontal to a vertical position. Deliberate slowness is the key here.

My new night nurse Heather was a bit casual, the first time I called for assistance nobody arrived for over 15 min.

Just making it to the bathroom feels like a significant accomplishment. The last one this morning I did totally on my own! Ate my breakfast sitting up on the edge of my bed!

Man, am I proud of myself!

And guess who showed just a little while ago? Wow, how did you know? Yes, it was Dr Timmins. Funny how he almost feels like an old friend. He kind of just wanted to check in. How nice is that? Told me he heard the surgery went well, gave me some tips for the recovery period, and gave me a little boost by saying that I look much better than last time he saw me.

Interestingly stairs should not be a problem.

They will switch me back to oral pain meds, the intravenous will come out today. He thinks I will be ready to go home on Sunday.

Amazing.

Dr Morrissey will also come back. He was so great to take pictures of my cyst after they had been cut out. I really wanted to see them, I would have even loved to take them home with me, but in this situation, where cancer is a possibility however slight, they bring these lumps straight to the pathology department where they are both utterly dissected until nothing remains that resembled what they took out. So the pictures are the next best thing... man do these globs look ugly!

Constantin is coming up with Sophia today... so Jimmy gets a little relief. Poor honey, he is totally worn out.

Anyway, soon it's all over!

I am looking at a radiant blue sky and a soft white haze enveloping the Catskills in the distance.
Wishing you a gloriously happy Saturday!

Tomma

No comments:

Post a Comment