Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Dr Morrissey

Okay. I met Dr Morrissey.
Nice guy. Not as selfassured as Dr Timmins. Not very tall. Very short blond hair. Glasses. Speaks pretty fast. Was he in a hurry? Had an assistant with him.

The first thing that was a bit odd, was him giving me the general repetition of these large masses being there, them still being there on yesterdays CatScan, and them needing to come out. As if he thought he was sent here to convince me to have this surgery, as if I was possibly bailing out on them again.

I said that is not the question for me, I agree that surgery is what needs to happen now.

So, next the question of total historectomy. He already heard I objected to that. On that count he did assure me that he would be happy to leave uterus and ovaries in if they were healthy. It was not what he would advise, but he could leave them alone if that was possible. More explanation followed why that might not be the case, how it might be possible the growths may have originated from the uterus to begin with, and if so then you'd HAVE to cut into the uterus to check. (Totally new theory to me) Asked if one couldn't see that they grew out of the ovaries, he said that wasn't really so clear. Hmmm

Repeated a few times that the masses have not really changed, that's why they need to come out. When asked what about the actual dimension of the left cyst... it sounded like that one was now 5 cm, and that would be much smaller than in January... I understand that he and his colleagues don't believe cysts of this size can shrink on their own, but to me this information would have a lot of meaning... he said: well he couldn't actually give me the exact dimensions. And, well, they do sometimes change, sometime they can rupture. (A solid one, rupture?)

As to the fluid one, my question was: can one not see what happened to it on Sunday night? Is there an explanation to the sudden and different kind of pain, could it have ruptured? Oh, yes, that could have happened. And if it was cancerous that would not be such a good thing, but that could explain the irritation. It doesn't feel like he looked at these catscans so very closely.

So....
I don't know... He is OK I guess, but I am not really all that impressed with him, not as with Dr Timmins... Hmmm. Will talk this through with Jimmy. Any thoughts?

Love you!
Tomma

No comments:

Post a Comment