Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Basics of Life

Man, these days go by in a flash!

It feels like I am living the bare basics of life: sleep, eat, walk, use my hands, rest, sleep, and talk. In between I read and write a little too.

Sleeping as much as I do right now, I don't get to do anything substantial like looking at my e-mails until noon time... Today I had barely gotten though half of my messages, and talked to my brother via skype when Peggy came and brought the meal for the day which turned out to be a delicious vegetable curry complete with dahl, raisins and yoghurt. She also gifted me with a CD with the most soothing Hawaiian lap guitar music that transported me instantly to tropical climates.

Before I know it is lunch time and once we have eaten one of our wonderful left overs and midday nourishment is accomplished I have to honor my body's need for rest and go back upstairs to sleep my afternoon nap. Today that got delayed because Anina needed help with something on the computer, but then I didn't get up and back out of bed until 6:45.

Interesting how much this time after returning from the hospital has such a very different focus than last time. It is so purely physical, so purely shaped by physical recovery and rest. My brain gets to rest a lot. All these big emotional layers that were pulled up to the surface during the past weeks, all those discoveries feel like they are composting into more nutrients that enrich the soil my soul is rooting in. It now feel effortless... like something that is just happening on its own.

Yet I am aware that there is more to be discovered in the future. That is what I heard my cysts say to me during my deepest time of despair one day before the surgery. That Journey I took that day turned my whole understanding around about why I had experienced everything the way I had.

Sometime in the next few days, when I have a longer window of being awake, I will fill in the gap of what I learned that day for you.


Jimmy is heroically keeping up his part of taking care of me. He is still very much worn out himself, I can tell by how much of a struggle it is to even get out of bed in the morning... on Friday he will finally go and see Michael Schaefer himself. All your food support is therefore doubly appreciated. I hope you know how very, very grateful I am.


Today was a good day.
I even folded a little bit of laundry after dinner.
Now I am ready to go to bed... pretty soon.
Love, love, love to you all!!!
Tomma

No comments:

Post a Comment