Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Honoring my Limitations

Dearest friends,


Resting today. Lot of resting. Feels like I maybe overdid it a bit Monday and Tuesday. Went to see Dr Morrissey for my first post-op-check-up. Sounded pretty easy: Hop in the car, with my trusty chauffeur Jimmy, walk into the building, sit down for my appointment, be driven over the the Center for Integrative Health and Healing and pick up my hormone prescription, drive to the compounding pharmacy and pick my creams up there... and then maybe a short stop at Crossgates where I can stay in the car while Jimmy buys himself some new walking shoes.

Man! Is my body still in a different state! Not so eager to absorb every crack and pothole in the road.

After we were done at the center and our stomachs demanded a bite to eat at the really nice Java Jazz Cafe, I was sooo tired I almost fell asleep at the table.

We skipped the remaining two stops on our itinerary and went straight back home.

Yesterday I took Nini to Chatham to get some paint for the 10th grade play poster she has been working on for the entire last week. HAD to do that because Jimmy was up in Albany again getting my hormones and his shoes. Thought I do a little driving lesson with her, after all, she has her driving test this FRIDAY (yikes!!!) and I haven't been able to do anything with her all this time....

Two days on the road and my body says: STOP!!!
So I stop.
And I rest.


Just posted the full transcript of the Journey on the blog... in case any of you are interested. What source had to say to the other layers is quite interesting too.

Karen brought some bright messengers of spring that are smiling sunshine at me out of their little vase home... lovely food is waiting in the fridge, Jimmy is coming over to make lunch, afterwards I'll take a nap... I am happy.

Love!! - Tomma

No comments:

Post a Comment