Wednesday, January 28, 2009

ME: Post MRI more results - 9:55 PM

Sorry, this took so long...
so many conversations to have...

Dr Timmens finally came around 6:00...
So:
cancer chances are about 10%, cysts don't show any detectable sign of shrinking right now, the bleeding was more likely an early triggered menstrual cycle, the pain was caused by the type of growth spurt the chambered cyst tend to make and when blood inject into one of the chambers it created intense pain (don't ask me why) No twisting possible as this cyst is tightly lodged into her place.

Surgery would happen on Thursday and mean a large incision and the removal of the cysts, if possible leaving the ovaries intact, if too intergrown they would go also. IF cancer is there other parts may be removed also depending on any presence of cancerous up to total historectomy.

If I wait to give Journeywork a chance I have to wait about a month, these cysts are not known to change all that fast. During this time I run the risk of experiencing another growth spurt and the same emergency pain situation I went through Saturday... other than that the situation is not life threatening. It wont significantly change the size of them either way nor increase the risk of cancer, so surgery would still be a somewhat similar venture as it would be two days from now.

I could have chosen to go home tonight and think it through there and either come back for surgery on Thursday or go on my personal healing retreat, but I chose to stay in the hospital one more night to give myself time. I don't want to make this decision hastily, and the time alone away from the daily life tasks and responsibilities feels very valuable right now. But I have to decide one way or the other by tomorrow morning.

Helpful conversation with more of my friends point to really stepping out of the grind of daily life for that whole month, and can I really DO that? (On the other hand I WILL have t do that if I have surgery) Or will it suck me back in? many questions to ponder ad more inner work to be done... and that is good because I am ready to do it!

Most of all now I have to talk with Sophia and Anina and Jimmy too... on my own, right now, I am leaning toward healing from the inside...


Have to still talk to the girls now and Jimmy
LOVE YOU ALL
Tomma

No comments:

Post a Comment