Sunday, April 5, 2009

Progress... and Hormones.

Wow, this was a full week!

You wouldn't believe how much better I feel!
On Friday, just three weeks after the surgery, I embarked on my first solo outing and drove to school to help with the make up for Anina's cast's first school performance and maybe see the play... IF I felt up for that. Not only did I feel up for that, but I also went back for the first evening performance to help the second cast with make up and see the show. And I wasn't wiped out at the end of the day, just tired.

Yesterday I did give myself a bit of a break and chose not to go to Karen's special gallery viewing, even though I had really wanted to... because at night it was the final performance and Constantin, Sophia and Jimmy were going to come and see this one too.

Nini did really, really well, even though she confessed she didn't like her part. Truthfully it didn't present any fun acting challenges, big emotions, or comical juiciness... just the sweet cheerful young girl, who ends up falling in love and getting married without hardly ever leaving the shallow waters of happy composure.

A week from tomorrow she is boarding the plane to Germany!

During the week I also finished my taxes, hammered out the financial backbone of a separation agreement with Constantin, finished clearing out my office and even plucked the blanket of dead leaves from the most visible one of my flowerbeds so that the crocuses, daffodil, and tulip shoots can soak up the sunshine.

Last Saturday, when Jimmy and I went to our favorite walking place Ooms pond, I hobbled ever so slowly in small baby steps from the parking lot down to the water. Today I walked almost half way around the entire lake!

Half of the tape strips over the scar have come off and this scar looks amazing!


The hormone exploration though will take a little longer. I have now been on estrogen for about one week and the hot flashes have not gone away. They really are NOT comfortable! Maybe progesterone will make a difference? We will see. There are more questions still hidden in this experience. Maybe this is some of the NEW things I will need to discover my cysts spoke about... who knows?

Now, we are taking off to go out to dinner with everybody.
Enjoy this lovely Sunday evening!!
Tomma

No comments:

Post a Comment